“Text Alerts” are a service provided to the sports families of the YMCA. It is a free service for parents to receive information pertaining to field closures for games and practices. A parent must sign-up for the service and can choose what field they would like to know information about. They will be automatically text messaged if a field is closed or opened due to weather or any other factors.
- To join go to the ddysoccer.org homepage
- In the upper right hand corner there is a field status window and a link that says "Text Message Alerts". Click on that link.
- Enter in a valid phone number, accept the terms of service, and click the sign up button. Your phone should get a text with a validation number which you will use in the next step.
- Choose the fields you want to be alerted to and enter the validation code.
- If at any point you want to end the service, text STOP to 84483 to cancel the service.