In the case of inclement weather, the Soccer Director will make all decisions if fields will be open for play. The following guidelines will be used:
- Field openings and closings will also be available on our website (www.ddysoccer.org) under “Field Status” on the top right of the home page. This will be updated at the same time as the weather hotline. There is a link at the bottom of the field status box where you can sign up for text alerts for field closings.
- Coaches will not be allowed to conduct practice or play a game if the field is closed due to weather conditions. This is a safety precaution and must be abided by.
- Coaches may not move a practice from one field to the other when a field is closed due to weather. Teams may only use the assigned field for practice due to insurance reasons. (We only have coverage on certain fields.)
- If a coach decides to cancel practice and the field is still open, it is their responsibility to contact their players and parents.
- If a game is cancelled due to weather, make-up games will be scheduled between the teams and the soccer director.
- Once practice has started, it is the coach’s responsibility to cancel or stop practice if inclement weather arises.
- It is the Coaches responsibility to make sure parents are aware of the website and text alerts to obtain information pertaining to field closures.
Thunder and Lightning Policy:
If thunder and/or lightening is detected or heard during practices or games, play will be suspended for 20 minutes. All players and spectators must leave the field during this time. Players may only return to the field for play if the thunder and/or lightening has past and can not be seen or heard.